Sunday, November 2, 2014

Week 9

Update:

The skirt is still elusive. I changed my idea for the skirt from a free flowing one to one that is little more structured. As a result, I’ll need to buy a zipper so that the skirt will properly fit. Without it, the skirt would either have to be held up by an elastic band (unstructured) or there would be no way to wear it.


Future Plans:

I plan to make the skirt out of deconstructed jeans from my closet. I haven’t found an appropriate fabric at Hobby Lobby, and reusing jeans will be perfect. In the future, I want to explore different fabric stores other than Hobby Lobby. I also want to move from purely construction to designing in the coming weeks.


How I'm feeling:


I don’t feel great about this project. Fabrics are expensive and this project requires a lot of time; however, I will make it work.

1 comment:

  1. Well, even researching what you can and sketching can be a part of the rest of the project. Like you and Tim Gunn say, "Make it work!"

    ReplyDelete