Sunday, November 16, 2014

Week 11

Skirt:

I finished the skirt this week (finally!). Unlike other times when I started from fabrics, I began with some old jeans. I did not fully deconstruct them, and I kept the waistline. To be honest, I don't really like how this skirt turned out. It would have been better had I fully deconstructed the jeans. That way, I would be able to create my own waistline. I really enjoyed using denim, though. Its sturdiness is wonderful to work with, and I enjoyed using a fabric I'd never used before.



Future Plans:

In the future, I plan to make a long sleeve top. I will try to incorporate more of my own designs in it as well. Research continues.

How I'm feeling:

I'm not a fan of this skirt, but it was good practice working with denim. It's a very versatile material and I wonder what else I could make with it. I realized that I won't like everything I make, especially at the beginning stages when I'm still experimenting.

No comments:

Post a Comment