Sunday, October 19, 2014

Week 7

Junior's Top:
This week I made a junior's top. This one was fun to make. I didn't start with a concrete design, but I pictured it as I was making it. This allowed me to adapt to limitations or even mistakes. Things do not always go as planned; however, sometimes mistakes can be the impetus of a new idea. When I accidentally sewed a little off to the side, I actually liked the sewing better than what I originally had in my mind. Here is the piece I made this week... voila!


How I feel:
Although the top isn't perfect by any means, it's a good start. I didn't do much research this week because I spent my time making the top. I think one of the best ways to get into this project is just to keep making clothing. Research is important too, but making clothing is more important. In about a month and a half, I will be giving my final presentation, reflecting on this project. By then, I hope to have made many other pieces of clothing. It is unlikely I will be able to accomplish what I originally planned in the remaining weeks and open an online clothing store, but I hope to have mastered the basics of making clothes by the time of the presentation. I haven't completely given up on my idea (second semester project extension, perhaps?). I'm happy with what I did this week and I'm excited for next week.

Future Plans:
I will keep working on construction. Each week from now on, I plan to create a different piece. Next week I will create a skirt at home and use the In-Class time to research how to make one.

No comments:

Post a Comment